Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients lists in my makeup and if you also want to do a scan of your makeup bags’ ingredients, look out for these! Oh, and a lot of the times the ingredients will not be fully listed on the bottle, and you have to do a google search. Most brands hide their bad ingredients, just showing how much we really CAN’T trust them.
Check out ingredients and brands on this website.
- Aluminum(2)- Organ system toxicity, skin irritation, also concerned with its association to Alzheimer’s.
- Dimethicones(4)- a.k.a silicones Organ system toxicity, accumulating in your body.
- PEGs- Organ toxicity, Ecotoxicology
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate(6)- Endocrine or hormone disruption, organ toxicity.
- Fragrance(8)- often made from several harmful chemicals, could cause skin irritation.
- Parabens(4-8)- can cause cancer, absolutely NO!
- Hexyl Cinnamal(5)- can cause allergic reactions.
- Phenoxyethanol(4)- irritation to skin and eyes, in a long-term exposure can cause organ damage (kidneys, nervous system, and liver).
2. Dior doesn’t use Parabens, but there are still few harmful ingredients can be found here: The next time you think about buying something because Bella Hadid is the face of it, think again. I am talking to myself there haha.
- BHT(4)-can cause endocrine disruption, tumor promotion and organ toxicity
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional(7)- can cause irritation and allergic reaction
3. NARS- All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation- contains level 4-9 harmful toxins
- Retinyl Palmitate is level 9? 😱 It often used in sunscreens but when retinyl palmitate was exposed to UV rays, it created changes in the skin that could lead to damage, aging, and cancer.
SO- which makeup and sunscreen can us extra sensitive, acne prone gals use? I made a list of the ones that we can use that won’t cause any breakouts. If you need a makeup purge like I do, here are some trustworthy brands that won’t add to your skin problems.
FOUNDATION/CONCEALER: Lisa Eddy DISCOUNT IS 10oncolette
- SK1N TREATMENT FOUNDATION- discount type in 10oncolette at checkout for 10% off. I am wearing Ivory shade.
- Osmosis Concealer– discount type in 10oncolette at checkout for 10% off. I am wearing Ivory shade.
- Photo Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation
- Ilia Foundation- most popular brand!
- La Bella Donna Clean Color Positano Palette –use code 10oncolette at checkout for 10% off this palette
- Goop Blush- so many options!
- ILIA cheek pigment (people rave about this brand and I just bought my first products)
- Bite Beauty Lip- apparently we eat tons of lipstick and gloss in our lifetime, and those bad ingredients enter our body and they don’t DO nothing, you know? I don’t want 20 years of eating garbage lipstick on my resume, no thank you.
And now on to sunscreens: AVOID ALL CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS ALWAYS. AND ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN 🙂 If you’re walking outside your house to the garbage can, or if you’re inside by the window reading, you’re getting sun exposure. You have to wear sunscreen every single day of the year. If you have generally sensitive skin or a condition like rosacea, chemical sunscreen ingredients may be directly caustic to your skin. CAUSTIC MEANS THAT it will literally damage your healthy tissue on your face. This is what happens to me with chemical sunscreens, my face starts to burn then turn red and puffy for weeks. Chemical sunscreen ruins my skin! So that leaves us to MINERAL! YAY! mineral/physical sunscreen is the best for sensitive skin. My favorite sunscreen brands include:
- Suntegrity Face Sunscreen – to get Lisa Eddy (she is my soul sister and does my facials) discount type in 10oncolette at checkout for 10% off
- Suntegrity Tinted Face Sunscreen– I like tinted better than white, but it’s still going to be mineral and can look off in flash photos unfortunately.
- to get Lisa Eddy (she is my soul sister and does my facials) discount type in 10oncolette at checkout for 10% off
- Replenix Sheer Physical Sunscreen
- Elta MD Physical Sunscreen- slightly tinted (my everyday wear one)- This will keep you skin protected, but Lordy, it looks bad under a lot of makeup, so this is better to wear on days you aren’t doing too much.
- Babo Sheer Physical Suncreen from Goop
If you are interested in the best green and toxic free advice, subscribe to GOOP. When I was younger I didn’t get the hype, now I am obsessed and I get Gwen so much more now. She really wants to educate us women!
*AVOID THESE INGREDIENTS*